Experience the chilling allure of Alcatraz along with a half day tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito
Alcatraz Island remains one of San Francisco's greatest landmarks — and now you can experience its chilling allure for yourself. Start your day with a ferry ride to Alcatraz Island where you'll take an audio-guided tour of the Cellhouse at your own pace. This award-winning audio tour includes stories of life inside the prison from former inmates and correctional officers who lived and worked on the island. Stop to take in views of the San Francisco waterfront from The Rock situated in the center of The Bay.
Next, travel across the Golden Gate Bridge and through the rugged coastal mountains of Marin County. Experience the magnificent views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay and valleys where the Coastal Miwok once lived.The first stop is Muir Woods National Monument, where ancient groves of Giant Redwoods (Sequoia Sempervirens) tower over Redwood Creek. Muir Woods Admission Fee is included and you will be provided with ample time to explore the park before returning to the bus.
Next you will visit the beautiful coastal town of Sausalito, a gorgeous Mediterranean-style village with quaint shop, art galleries, and waterfront restaurants. Enjoy local shopping and eating before returning to San Francisco.
The Alcatraz Island Combo Tours Reservations for our Muir Woods and Sausalito & Alcatraz Tour Package requires five days advance reservations (no day of Alcatraz combos available). Gray Line of San Francisco's Muir Woods and Sausalito Tour & Alcatraz Package is simply a must-do for anyone visiting San Francisco and Northern California.
Due to changes that the National Parks Service has made to the parking reservation systems for Muir Woods, from May 15 2018 we are unable to guarantee specific tour times to this popular destination at the time of booking.
The Muir Woods and Sausalito tour lasts approx. 4hrs and all guests purchasing this, either as a standalone product or a combination tour, will be contacted by email one week prior to your tour date to confirm the timing of your tour.
While we appreciate that this may not be ideal for your trip planning, unfortunately these are circumstances beyond our control and we, like all tour companies, are restricted in the times that bus parking will be available.
We hope that this does not spoil your trip to San Francisco and that you will join us to experience the majesty of the towering redwoods and natural beauty of this world famous historic landmark.
The Day starts with the visit to Alcatraz Island. With the voucher, guests can pick up the Alcatraz ticket at the Gray Line tour window at Pier 41. Tickets can be picked up at as early as 72 hours before tour departure and no later than 8:00 AM on the day of the tour. After pick up guests need to make their way to Pier 33 and check in at the ticket booth with a valid government issued I.D. (for guests 18 and older). Guests board the boat and explore Alcatraz island!
The Muir Wood Tour portion of the day starts after Alcatraz. Please contact email@example.com for departure time. All tours depart from our tour center at 478 Post St (near Union Square) and also conclude at the Post St location.
Not booked your hotel yet? Hotel not listed? Staying with a friend/family?
Don't worry, you can give us that information when you add this item to your cart.
Check in / Alcatraz Voucher pick up:
• We will have your Alcatraz Vouchers / departure time available for pick up at Pier 41, San Francisco, CA 94133 up to 72-hours prior to your departure date, we require you to ensure that your vouchers are picked up no later than 8:00 AM PST on the day of your departure.
• Alcatraz Cruises, LLC requires you to check in at Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing 30-minutes before your departure time.
• A government issued photo ID is required for every person going to Alcatraz Island. Photocopies of passports are accepted as valid identification
To confirm your Alcatraz Tour, we will need the following information:
• First and last name along with ages of all passengers.
• Alcatraz reservations are first come first serve, all reservations are finalized (4) days prior to your departure date.
• If for any reason you do not provide the above listed info within the window of time provided, your Alcatraz tour will be forfeited.
• Alcatraz Cruises is the official concessioner to the National Park Service for Alcatraz island, the National Park Service & Alcatraz Cruises, LLC establish all policies and procedures regarding the purchase of tickets, reserving your departure date/time and ferry service to and from Alcatraz island. Photo ID’s are not necessary for every person in the party, but are required for the person who purchased the tickets.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 days in advance to confirm your Alcatraz tickets