Take time away from San Francisco on a half day trip to Muir Woods and Sausalito and a 4hour bike rental to discover San Francisco on your own.
Travel across the Golden Gate Bridge and through the rugged coastal mountains of Marin County. Experience the magnificent views of the San Francisco Bay and valleys where the Coastal Miwok once lived. Our first stop is Muir Woods National Monument, where ancient groves of Giant Redwoods (Sequoia Sempervirens) tower over Redwood Creek. Muir Woods’s entrance fee is included.
Next, visit the beautiful coastal town of Sausalito, a gorgeous Mediterranean-style village with quaint shops, art galleries, and waterfront restaurants.
Let us drive you back to San Francisco and get ready to enjoy your 4 hours Bike rental package from our partner Unlimited Biking (757 Beach St, San Francisco – Unlimited Biking). Fall in love with all San Francisco has to offer as you pedal around and explore the area at your own pace.
07:40am: Departure from Post Street pickup location
08:00am: Departure from Leavenworth pickup location
08:00 - 09:30am: Make you way to Muir Woods National Monument by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. We’ll stop at Golden Gate Vista Point so you can appreciate the splendid Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island and San Francisco skyline and take some amazing photos.
9:30am - 11:30am: Enjoy a full hour and a half among the giant redwoods sequoias and bring out the photographer that lives inside you. You will have time to explore the trails and bridges, listen to the sound of the water and breathe in the fresh air provided by the tall, ancient trees.
11:40 - 12:40pm: Take your time exploring the Bay area’s prettiest village Sausalito. Stroll along the boutiques, restaurants and cafes and from the waterfront enjoy the view of San Francisco skyline.
12:40pm: Time to make our way back to San Francisco and conclude the tour at your pickup location.
We'll drop you off close to the same Leavenworth pickup location, and you will be able to walk to our partner Unlimited Bike to redeem your 4h Bike rental and continue the fun!
Note: Due to conditions beyond our control, this route may change (traffic, weather, special events, and others atypical circumstances). In situations like these, we will do our best to meet the needs and expectations of our group.
This tour does not offer Hotel Pick up.
* Please choose between 2 different meeting points and chose the closest to you:
MUIR WOODS 8 AM TOUR:
Gray Line Union Square Departure point 1 (478 Post. St.) at 7:30 for a 7:40 am departure
Encore Café is next door. The bus will board from directly across the street.
Gray Line Fisherman’s Wharf Departure point 2 (2805 Leavenworth St) at 7:50 for an 8:00 am departure
Bay City Bike Rentals & Tours is across the street (blue canopy). The Bus will board just in front.
* You can reach us at [email protected] or at 415.353.5310 between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm local time PST
* Please bring your paper or electronic voucher with you on the day of your tour to be redeemed upon check-in
* Bike reservation is not mandatory, but we always recommend a reservation to hold your bikes and streamline the pick-up process. Contact [email protected] for booking confirmation at a specific time
* Redeem your 4h Bike rental at our partner office: 757 Beach Street San Francisco CA 94109
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show