POSITION TITLE: Director of Sales - San Francisco
PREPARED DATE: June 29, 2018
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Fisherman’s Wharf & Gray Line San Francisco
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Founded in 1910, Gray Line has since grown into a global sightseeing network of local experts offering "one of a kind" itineraries in adventure, luxury and budget-friendly travel.
Operating since 2001, in 2013 the company was awarded the Gray Line license for Northern California including San Francisco, Monterey and Silicon Valley. Today the company operates as Gray Line of San Francisco and San Francisco City Tour and is the largest single provider of tourism transport in the Bay Area. In 2015, Gray Line of San Francisco was awarded the Gray Line Licensee Engagement Award by Gray Line Worldwide.
In 2014 the company as acquired by the Julia Group, one of the largest providers of tourism transportation in the world. Headquartered out of Barcelona, Spain, the Julia Group was founded in 1933 and has grown into a global organization that currently employs over 900 people, operates 400 buses worldwide and carries 2.5 million tourists each year.
Gray Line San Francisco is seeking a proven leader and dynamic tourism sales professional to head up our San Francisco & Bay Area sales efforts. The individual will be a key part of the management & leadership team, while also keenly focused on the annual sales development, strategic planning and sales team deployment for the San Francisco office. The Director of Sales (DOS) will also support the established performance and revenue goals through direct sales and local sales team day-to-day management. Further they will have oversight of revenue optimization for all seasonal product offerings, collaborative sales programs, ongoing contracting and promotional efforts – and this will be a central performance metric.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for leading the sales and marketing team of Gray Line of San Francisco, Monterey & Silicon Valley and San Francisco City Tours.
- Develop annual sales plan(s) for the tourism sales team; inclusive of individual sales manager(s) and team goals; performance milestones and revenue and passenger forecasts; as established by the General Manager.
- Direct sales outreach to tour operators, corporations, destination meeting planners, and any additional sales markets; with timely follow-up and management of customer inquiries.
- Achieve sales efforts through internal & external sales activities, such as: e-Marketing, onsite sales, direct sales calls, client FAM programs, site inspections.
- Utilize the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) to capture all client information, contracts, booking data and analysis.
- Manage, develop and lead the local sales team - including hotel sales, 3rd Party Partner relationships, social media and digital marketing managers/coordinators.
- Hire and train - where necessary - sales and business development managers, coordinators and support staff as assigned.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales activity reports for General Manager; to measure the departments performance to goals; and as a tool for the sales team.
- Lead and direct the sales team in developing and implementing the appropriate seasonal and customer specific promotions; and special events to support sales goals; communicating those details appropriately to the extended Gray Line San Francisco staff and departments.
- Work in tandem with General Manager to engage successful industry relations and partnership engagements; optimizing sales & marketing/brand reach.
- Represent the organization at key industry programs and events such as: San Francisco Travel Association, Visit California, National Tour Association, American Bus Association, US Travel (IPW) and others.
- Work in collaboration with Julia Group’s global sales team to ensure there is collaboration on the appropriate client sales promotions and contracting programs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the business, client programs, events and associated travel.
- Work in a collaborative way with Gray Line San Francisco’s various departments to fulfill all of the needs of a year-round working tour, motor-coach and sightseeing operation.
- Ability to work in an office environment, indoors and outdoors and ability to travel as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of tourism/hospitality sales, marketing and contracting experience desired.
- Enthusiastic, dependable and a positive team player.
- Proven background in sales planning, department budgeting and financial reporting & analysis.
- Experience in leading teams, hiring staff, training staff and conducting staff performance reviews & evaluations.
- Confident communicator, proven time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, CRM programs; such as Microsoft Dynamic CRM.
- Experience with digital and social media client engagement/business development programs.
- Solid understanding and experience within the San Francisco tourism market/travel industry client base.
- College degree preferred.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION:
- Position is exempt; salaried position
- Base salary range of $70K-$80K ++ commensurate with experience.
- Medical & dental Insurance offered; based upon satisfactory 90-Day onboarding
- Vacation and additional employee benefits outlined per Employee Handbook
GRAY LINE SAN FRANCISCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Gray Line San Francisco is committed to ensure that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
- Submit cover letter and resume by July 15, 2018 to: email@example.com
- No phone calls to Gray Line San Francisco / Julia Group