No Hidden Fees
Local Customer Service
MOTORCOACH & TOUR BUS DRIVER
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Operations Manager, Dispatch & Schedule Supervisor
PRINCIPAL DUTIES (including, but not limited to):
• Operate and drive safely the assigned tourist bus
• Should have at least 20/40 vision with 70-degree vision field in each eye and can distinguish between colors (not color blind)
• Ensure that the bus has been properly checked and cleaned for trouble-free operations prior to any sightseeing or charter assignments
• Report any mechanical problems encountered during the day with the company dispatcher
• Maintain a clean bus always
• Coordinate with the dispatcher for immediate field replacement when the bus used becomes inoperable or may put its passengers at risk
• Should have high alert level and road focus especially during heavy traffic on inclement weather to avert any accidents
• Should have through understanding of road safety regulations imposed by the state as well as other states for interstate driving
• Some drivers will also serve as a narrator of a guided tour, learning of the tour script along with the drivers route is required before a driver/guide training is complete
• Work with staff, customers and drivers to insure smooth, prompt, accurate and enjoyable sightseeing tour and charter experience
• Attendance is required at driver related training and monthly driver safety meetings.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required
• Must be available most weekends and several holidays
• Can-do attitude and flexibility is a must
• Previous experience with tourism industry preferred but not essential
• Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds (luggage handling)
• Must be willing to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
• Must be able to count number of guests per tour and record details in a tour log
• Enthusiastic, dependable and a positive team player.
• Professional attire and demeanor.
• High School Graduate/GED required.
• Flexible schedule, allowing for work to be performed as needed on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to work in an office environment indoors and outdoors and ability to travel as needed.
• Job requires a flexible schedule and will require pre-scheduled weekday and weekends to perform job duties.
• Perform other duties as may arise during the workweek.
• Hourly salary as agreed upon with goals.
• Completes work within established deadlines and timelines.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION:
• $22 / hr plus overtime
• Overtime available every day
• Commission paid for sales of tour tickets
• Generous gratuities
ONCE HIRED, APPLICANTS WOULD NEED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING TO BEGIN DRIVING:
• Valid Commercial California Driver's License with a passenger endorsement
• A California Department of Motor Vehicles Drivers Record Print Out (H-6 document)
• A completed employment application
• Medical Card
• Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test as a condition of employment with random testing occurring throughout the year.
This position comes with a complete compensation package including salary, benefits, paid vacation, sick leave, 401K. Hourly rate plus overtime available every day, overtime paid at time and a half.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 /hour
• commercial driving: 2 years
Required license or certification:
• Valid Class A or B California Driver's License with passenger and air brakes endorsement